This Privacy Notice explains our policies and practices with respect to personal information that we collect from users through the websites or other applications operated and controlled by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Notice (collectively, the “Site”), and through our social media pages and through HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to you that link to this Privacy Notice (collectively, the “Services”). This Privacy Notice only addresses personal information collected directly through our Services. It does not govern information-gathering, use, or dissemination practices related to personal information collected other than through the Services, such as from telephone, facsimile, postal mail, or other offline means or media.
Rescue collects personally identifiable information from you, which may include:
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Organization/company name
- Organization/company website
- Account credentials (i.e., username and password)
- Financial information.
Additionally, when you use the chat function on our Site, we may collect any personal information you provide us through the chat.
The information described above is collected and stored electronically when you access or visit the Site, purchase our products (including third products made available by us), use our products, request a demo of our products or sign up for a free trial, create an account with us, participate in our membership programs, sign up to receive our newsletters and/or marketing communications, sign up for our webinars/events/forums or contact us. We may also receive this information from third parties, including our service providers who provide analytics services to help us understand the activity on the Site.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
Information about your computer hardware and software may automatically be collected by Rescue when you use the Site. This information may include:
- IP address
- Browser type
- Type of operating system
- Device type
- Unique device identifier
- Internet service provider
- Language preference
- Access times and dates
- Geographic location
- Referring website addresses
- Browsing history
- Search queries
- Other technical information such as protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information.
We may also collect information about how you interact with the Site, including but not limited to your click-stream and the actions you’ve taken on the Site.
This information is used by us for our business purposes, including without limitation for the operation and improvement of the Site, for technical troubleshooting, to maintain quality of the Site and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Site.
COOKIES AND OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTION TOOLS
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website or use the service again, the cookie allows that website or online service to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
Duration of Cookies. We may use “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser or once your session ends. Persistent cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you or your browser erase them. Persistent cookies have varying durations that are dependent on their expiration date.
What types of cookies do we use? Rescue uses:
- Necessary Cookies. These cookies are necessary for you to browse the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site. Without these cookies, certain aspects of the Site may not be available to you.
- Preferences Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you have used the Site in the past and allow the Site to remember the choices you have made. These cookies allow us to improve how the Site works for you and tailor the Site to your preferences.
- Analytics Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use the Site, such as which pages you most often visit on the Site, the time you spend on the Site, which links you click on, and any issues encountered. These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with the Site. All information collected is aggregated and do not identify you.
- Marketing Cookies. These cookies track your online activity to help deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests and measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They also limit how many times you see a certain advertisement. We may share the information collected through these cookies with others, such as advertisers.
How do I control cookies? You may manage your cookie preferences through our cookie preference tool. Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Site.
INTEREST BASED ADVERTISING
You may see certain ads on other websites because we work with advertising partners (including advertising networks) to engage in remarketing and retargeting activities. Our advertising partners allow us to target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based and contextual means. These partners track your online activities over time and across websites, including our Site, by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of third-party cookies and web beacons. They use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our advertising partners may collect includes data about your visits to websites that participate in the relevant advertising networks, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our Site and on third-party websites that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. For example, we utilize certain of our ad partners’ targeted advertising services to show you our ads on other websites based on your prior visits to our Site and other online activity.
Provided that a company participates in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers choices about whether to receive targeted advertising, you may opt out of ad network interest-based advertising generally through the Network Advertising Initiative website or by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ (web-based advertising) or http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices (mobile advertising). To learn more, please visit the websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance at www.networkadvertising.org/choices. Opting-out does not mean that you will stop receiving ads from us. It means that you still stop receiving ads from us that have been targeted to you based on your visits and browsing activity across websites over time.
HOW INFORMATION IS USED
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Site to you and to improve the Site;
- to provide, operate, improve, and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- to register your account;
- to determine trends in consumption of our products and determine where our products may be in demand;
- to provide you with information about products and services that we may provide that we think may be of interest to you;
- to help deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests and measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns;
- to provide you with updates about our products and services and with transactional information;
- for customer service and/or support, security (including for authentication purposes), to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Site;
- for analytics purposes;
- to fulfil your requests, such as those related to ordering and payment;
- to communicate with you, including through the chat function on the Site;
- to comply with applicable laws or respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process;
- to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others;
- as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share the information collected for any of the following purposes:
- With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We may share your personal information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the Site or assist us in providing functionality on the Site, provide analytics on the Site, provide a chat function on the Site, provide marketing and advertising services for us, to send out e-mails on our behalf or process payments.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We reserve the right to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Rescue does not share your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
LINKS TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES AND ONLINE SERVICES
SECURITY USED AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Rescue uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Site and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information. However, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the Internet or for changes to or losses of data. Users of the Site are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of any of our Site. In order to protect us, you and your data, we may suspend your use of the Site, without notice if any breach of security is suspected. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site are restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulation.
DO NOT TRACK
Our Site does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
THE SITE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR USE IN THE UNITED STATES
The Site is controlled and operated from within the United States. Without limiting anything else, we make no representation that the Site, Site Content, User Content, services, products, information or other materials available on, in, or through the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where they are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Site from outside the United States do so on their own will and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of 18. No parts of our Site are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of 18.
CONTACT INFORMATION; QUESTIONS AND CHANGES IN INFORMATION
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
LAST UPDATED: December 23rd, 2022
Copyright © 2022 Shop Rescue Spa, Inc. All rights reserved.